THE BASIC RIDERCOURSE
This class gives you the fundamentals of operating a motorcycle. It is basic, however it moves at a much faster pace than kickstart. The course is spread over three days, which includes five hours of classroom instruction and ten hours of riding. Click Schedule & Register to see current pricing. They begin on Friday evening for the weekend classes and Sunday evening for the weekday classes at 6:00 PM.
As a minimum, each student must be able to ride and balance a bicycle.
Each student MUST provide and wear the following required safety gear:
- Helmet. We have loaner helmets for the Kickstart and BasicRider courses.
- Eye protection. Glasses (prescription, not fashion), sunglasses or safety glasses.
- Long sleeves in the form of a jacket, sweatshirt or a long sleeve t-shirt. Think layers. If it is hot you will want to take your jacket or sweatshirt off and you need to have long sleeves for a variety of reasons.
- Gloves. Full-finger leather or riding gloves. Absolutely NO fingerless gloves allowed.
- Pants that aren’t loose around the ankles. Leave your bell bottoms at home.
- Over the ankle footwear. You need ankle support when you are riding. Sturdy boots, over the ankles and lace-ups are acceptable. Open toed sandals are expressly PROHIBITED.
- Raingear, just in case. We call it rain insurance.
- Water, granola bars, etc. There are portable toilets but no other facilities.