Total fee: $39
Road Testing is a skills assessment of your motorcycling skills that is required by the State of Alaska. ABATE of Alaska can conduct this skills assessment for you so you don’t have to mess with the DMV schedules. Road Tests are scheduled by appointment only every beginning at 6:00 PM You must provide a motorcycle with current registration, proof of insurance and a Motorcycle Permit. The motorcycle must be street legal and in good operating condition. You will need to bring proof of satisfactory completion of the Road Test to the DMV office for your motorcycle endorsement. The DMV does charge a fee for the endorsement.
All students MUST use their own street-legal motorcycle in proper condition, with cooling and charging systems, battery in good condition, proof of ownership and insurance.
Each student MUST provide and wear the following required safety gear:
- D.O.T. approved helmet (full-face recommended)
- Eye protection (glasses or face shield)
- Full-fingered gloves
- Motorcycle jacket
- Over-the-ankle boots (with low heels)
- Long pants
- Fingerless gloves are not allowed.
- Race or race compound tires are not permitted.
- Passengers are NOT permitted.